April 12, 2012

My 20 hour coffee table redo...


Well...maybe it wasn't exactly 20 hours, but it sure wasn't ONE!!

I love the blog Dear Lillie....I hate to admit that I kind've stalk her.....not really, but
I do look forward to that RSS feed email telling me that she has posted something new!

When I saw her coffee table redo, it provided me with the inspiration to finally
make over my ugly coffee table!




 I wouldn't say that I am finished....I need to do some more distressing and
I'd like to cut a board to go under the table so that I can add cool looking
baskets to hide more JUNK!!!



But, for now, it's good enough!

And here's a fun little before....



and after...



Have you ever underestimated the time spent on a project??


14 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm....Have I ever underestimated the time a project would take?....Cha! Only every single time. :D Your table looks great. I always say that anyone who thinks stripping furniture is easy are the ones who have never done it! Internet High Five to you.

Our Pinteresting Family said...

It looks beautiful! I love Dear Lillie too..she makes everything look fantastic...and I think you do too.

Megan

cherished bliss said...

Love it! Reminds me of mine : )

Rachel E. said...

Yes, you may have underestimated the time it would take, but you can look at the table and smile because it was done out of the talent given you by God. It is beautiful. You did a great job.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, I love it! xo, jen

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

I *love* this! My hubby is in the process of making me a desk, and I want to paint it just like this! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love it, I always did love a stained top and painted bottom looks so good!

Kate @ craftwhatever said...

Underestimate?? It should be my middle name. Your table is gorgeous!

ANNE said...

What a great job!

Deneen@dreaming-n-color said...

Wow I think it looks great!

KC Coake said...

Nice makeover! Love the dark top with the light colored bottom on the table. I found you from Tatertots and Jello. I'm a homeschool mom as well and a new follower.
KCoake
www.realcoake.blogspot.com

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

LOL! I actually underestimate project times...constantly! Your table turned out great.

Hugs,
Judy

Shannon Fox said...

Loving the dark top. It looks excellent like that! I have a farm table to re vamp once the weather changes and warms up a bit.
LOL on the "shelf so you can have a basket to hide more junk" ;)

Laurie-Anne @ Come On Over said...

Awesome job!!! I am loving the new coffee table look! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...