April 22, 2012

Homemade Mushroom Soup {make in 15 minutes!}




This is one of my favorite soups to make....I'm pretty sure that I can whip
this together in about 15 minutes.....when I am not being interrupted and asked a million questions!!


I start by slicing and chopping about 4 ounces of fresh mushrooms.  I like
having both "shapes" in my soup.






I add the chopped mushrooms to about 3 Tablespoons of butter or margarine to cook.






After the mushrooms have cooked, I add 3 Tablespoons of flour.






It will look all glumpy like this...






Slowly add 2 cups of warm to hot water....I find that the hot water dissolves the flour better.






At this point I add 3-4 chicken bouillon cubes....it just depends how much
flavor you want to add.  You can add more or less.






I got interrupted at this point and forgot to take pictures of the
2 cups of milk that I added in!


At this point, your soup will be quite runny....it's time for my secret
ingredient that I add to all my creamy soups to thicken them...



.....instant mashed potatoes!!  I just shake in the flakes until
I reach the consistency that I like!




I just sprinkled some dried parsley flakes for color and in about 15 minutes...




.......yummy soup!!


This is such a quick and easy lunch or supper!






Here are some fun ways that I "spruce" up this soup and give it some variety!


Yummy mix-in's:

steamed chopped broccoli and cheddar cheese
--add in after you have warmed the milk and allow the cheese to melt in

1 potato diced
--after adding the 2 cups of water, add the diced potatoes and cook until tender
before adding the milk

1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and chopped onion
--to add more flavor, chop onions and add-in and cook with the mushrooms
when adding in flour, also add the Parmesan cheese




Enjoy!


1 comment:

Bonni said...

This looks delicious! Will try it tomorrow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...