December 11, 2011

DIY Painted Ornament. . .



Grrrr.....I just realized that I deleted a bunch of the how-to photo's for these ornaments....truly, even though I don't have pictures, they are SUPER easy to make!


First....you take a fillable glass ornament and some acrylic paints......I used three colors for each ornament.  Then, I squirted the paint right at the opening and let it drip down the sides.


The ornament will still look a little "messy" during this phase....I panicked slightly thinking....how did I mess this up???


You want to turn the ornament upside-down on a paper cup.....this is when it turns into something pretty!




As the paint drains out, the colors blend into a gorgeous ornament!



I painted the top of the ornament with glue and shook some Martha Stewart glitter on it...






Then I just hung it with a simple ribbon...





I plan to use mine as gift toppers for Christmas presents and hostess gifts!





5 comments:

Shannah @ Just Us Four said...

These are so pretty! I love how easy they are too.

Katie J said...

I tried making ornaments for Christmas this year for gifts and I couldn't get the paint to stick on the inside of the ornamaent. Is there some secret to it or just put the paint in?

Carynne said...

Some questions.Where do you purchase refillable glass ornaments & acrylic paint? Can you thin out the paint or just use it as it is?

Thanks.

Nicole@Thrifty Decorating said...

Carynne...I bought everything at Michael's although I am sure that Hobby Lobby and AC Moore also carry the ornaments. I bought the little bottles of paint there, too. I did not thin the paint. Hope that helps! :)

شركة المثالية بولز said...


شركة تنظيف مسابح بالدمام

شركة كشف تسربات المياة بالدمام
تعتبر مشكلة تسرب المياه مشكلة مهمة ، فإذا أهمل ذلك سوف يسبب الكثير من الضرر سواء كان مادياً أواً.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...