September 12, 2011

Under the cabinet organization....


I am still in organization mode....although I am slowing down with the addition of full days of homeschooling.....I just don't have much free time!


One place that was just a mess was under my sink....





I have had multiple spills of various cleaners and the finish inside my cabinet was just a mess!  No matter how hard I worked, it never would look clean.....





A super inexpensive solution is contact paper.....contact paper has really evolved since I last used it years ago.   I had visions of paper being stuck together and 70's brown colors......Instead for about $6.00, I bought this gray patterned roll!



Back around the pipes I had to piece it together and you can't even tell! The pattern hides the seams and I lifted this piece to straighten it a few times!

I bought a couple of storage containers and now I can find all my stuff!



Another eyesore in my kitchen was my kitchen island.....part of my problem is that I just don't "see" storage well.  I'm the type of person that does not pack the trunk because I would never fit it all in!  I've never been good at spacial-type stuff!



So my baking racks would always look like this....


....and because it was such a mess, I wouldn't want to use them!




My solution was this $5.00 little device from Rubbermaid!



Honestly....I could do a happy dance every time I open the cupboard door!



In this midst of this whole process, my hubby came in and said...


Hubby:  "Wow, you really do like baskets...."
Me:  "Yes, honey,  I really do like baskets!"


He just doesn't quite get my love affair with baskets and bins.....

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks great! I want to find one of those racks for cookie sheets- so handy.

Anonymous said...

I'm not the only one that loves Baskets yah!!! It looks great, I will have to try the contact paper under the sink.

Stacy CUrran said...

This is a project that I never, ever do, but really, really should!
Stacy

project queen said...

Yea! Don't you feel good when you JUST DO IT and your done? Great job!
Mandy
www.projectqueen.org

Brave Brooke said...

That looks great! Awesome job organizing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...