September 14, 2011

Halloween Tic-Tac-Toe....

Thank you all for responding to my plea for guests!  If you are still interested, I am definitely still accepting!  Don't forget that if you are interested in guesting for me, I will need the html code from your posting!!


Our first guest today is from Crafting and Creativity.....a very cute blog!  Just hopped over there and love the Minnie-Mouse hair clip idea!!


-----------------------------------------


Hi, I'm Sarah. I am a 20-something mother 2. And I blog over at Crafting and Creativity.
http://craftingandcreativity.blogspot.com/
Here's an easy little tutorial to make a tic-tac-toe game before Halloween!

You'll need:
  • something to use as your board. (I had this wood piece with sides that one of my son's toys came in and I saved it for something crafty.) You could use a lid from something, or just a flat piece of wood or cardboard.
  • patterned paper
  • white acrylic paint
  • Mod Podge
  • glue stick
  • foam brush(es)
  • scissors/paper cutter/ utility knife
  • paint pen OR permanent maker
  • ruler
  • distressing ink
  • sanding block

I painted the inside and the sides of my wood piece with my white paint. And cut my paper to the size of my wood piece (approximately 5 1/2 inches by 8 1/2 inches).

Using a coat of Mod Podge, I attached my paper to the wood piece.

Then I used my knife to trim off any excess. Then I inked around the edges with my distressing ink. (The colour I used is called "Charcoal Grey")

Then using some scraps in coordinating colours, I cut out 9 squares that were 1 1/2 inches. (4 in one pattern and 5 in the other.)

Using my ruler, I found the centre of the spot where I wanted my game board, then glued the squares down........


Then I added a strip of another coordinating paper to the top:




Wrote "tic-tac-toe" using a marker, then sanded the edges so that the white showed..........




Then I glued that down as well..........


Now for the game pieces! I had these pumpkins that I bought last year at a dollar store. All I had to do was remove the adhesive piece from the back.




For the witch pieces, I used buttons and punched the witch image with a craft punch I had in one of my sets onto the black polka dot paper.............



Then used a round punch for the green cardstock. Next I used Mod Podge to glue 'em all together. And added an extra coat on the top........


If your wood piece had sides like mine, you can just turn your board upside-down and store your pieces like this.....
Otherwise, a small container with a lid works perfectly.


So now you're all ready to play!!


What a great game board for you next family game night!! My 3 year-old son loves playing this game.
Come visit me at Crafting and Creativity & make sure to say "hi"!

---------------------

Thanks so much, Sarah!  Your idea is awesome!

1 comment:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Super cute idea. I think I will try a piece of metal so it will be magnetic. My boys will love this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...