May 30, 2011

Red, White and Blue Crafts


{Patriotic Crafting....}

Well....I was too busy finishing our homeschooling year and mowing grass to make any cool crafts for Memorial Day.  I had really wanted our deck to be "decked" out for our picnic today, but with the temps soaring into the 90's...I'm focusing more on creating shade!


Since I missed crafting for Memorial Day, here are some projects that I am going to try and make for the 4th of July!


I have some old pallet wood that I really want to turn into this from The Creative Crate:






Stacy made another awesome flag from an old window, too!




I also really want to make some of these home-made blue mason jars from Bridal Buzz....




Once I turn them blue, i want to make them into these jar candle-holders from Maryann at Domestically Speaking....




And that will keep me so busy that I will have to use my go-to box cake recipe for Black Forest cake!




How are you celebrating Memorial Day?










1 comment:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I'm right there with you! AND also said to myself, Okay, there's always Fourth of July! Haha! I saw a cute one where the gal took a large, old book (I think dictionary or something) and painted the book cover like a vintage flag and used fabric to make a handle to hang it -- that was MY project that never got finished! Hope you're having a great holiday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...