December 10, 2010

Glitter trees

This year I am just really into sparkly.......so I wanted to added something sparkly to my mantle.  The problem is that sparkly is expensive!!  But......not a Dollar Tree Sparkly!!!




Dollar tree sells triangular styrofoam forms.....I purchased 3 and then I purchased a green foam thing for my middle tree.  Sorry...I can't remember what it looked like but it's in the same section as the triangular styrofoam........... and somehow those pictures just disappeared from my computer.



For the tall one, I Gorilla glued it to the green form.


Spray paint your styrofoam red and silver......



Brush Mod Podge in sections on the styrofoam and sprinkle with red or silver glitter......




(I think that a mixture of white glue and water would work for this....it doesn't have to be Mod Podge.)



Allow to dry and you get this....




What I really wanted to do is put them on the crystal candle holders from The Dollar Tree.....but they are still out of them!!  All of you people making the Williams and Sonoma knock-off vases......you need to slow down so I can get me some candlesticks!!

Until then.......my mantle.....

(I tied a ribbon around the silver tree because that's the tree I glued onto a green form to make taller....truthfully, with the spraypaint and glitter, I don't think that you'd even notice the seam....)


(I've since adjusted......all that symmetry was a bit trouble-some!) 

Did you notice my Williams and Sonoma knock-off vases filled with Dollar Tree ornaments??

2 comments:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Love your mantel. It all goes together so well. That wreath looks amazing.

Unknown said...

Nikki, this is Donna Fox from Madison. I have made 6 of the Williams Sonoma knockoffs! At the Dollar Tree I bought the tubes of ornaments (15 to a tube), put 12 ornaments in each vase and then place an electric candle (with its base removed) in the center! It is Beautiful! I am giving them as gifts. Thanks for the idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...