November 20, 2010

Goodwill picture frame tray

I got my idea for this here......I just love her blog!

Go to Goodwill and grab an old, ugly, chunky frame.....do NOT worry about how ugly it is.

Spray paint it with Rustoleum Canyon Black or whatever black satin spraypaint you have on hand.


I then took sand paper and roughed up the edges.

Grab a set of handles at a hardware store......thankfully, I can SEE the True Value from my house!!!



I didn't drill holes or anything....I used my husband's drill and drove the screws from the handle right into the edge of the frame.



Look....you can even see the price tag!!!!  And it was 30% off the $3.97 because it was "pull your discount from the fishbowl day!!!"

Cover the cardboard from the picture frame with fabric.  Attach it with spray adhesive....or use whatever is on hand....a hot glue gun!

It will look like this:




Slide it back into your newly-painted frame.


You can't see the handles really well, but they are on the right and left side.....you now have a gorgeous frame/tray to decorate with!



1 comment:

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Your tray turned out so cute. I love the material you picked! It goes perfectly with your knock off candles you made. Everyone needs a tray - right?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...